Here at Budget Maids, we sure appreciate the problem of an over-flowing wardrobe… Heck, what’s a girl to do when fashion is so exciting and there are so many options to choose from?!
When we carry out maid services in Arlington, or house cleaning in Vienna, lots of clients ask us what they can do to keep their wardrobes under control.
Why not follow our top 10 wardrobe tricks for neatness and order in your home?
- First of all fold your tees properly. You know the problem – too many tees take up room, and if you don’t have the space to hang them up, then they can end up wrinkled and not ready-to-wear. Lay the tee shirt flat, fold it in half length-ways then fold the sleeves in. Fold the tee shirt in half down the way and then half again if you can.
- And also fold up your lingerie. We know, the temptation is to cram it into drawers, but folding is much more space-saving. See this great guide for how to do it.
- Did you know that you can use the tabs from soda cans to create double hangers that take up less room in your closet than two separate hangers? That way, you can pair up complete outfits. See how to do it at ideasbottle.
- Lint balls removal – are you avoiding certain sweaters and tops because of the lint balls? They are easy to remove, either using a disposable razor or a pumice stone. Lightly rub with the pumice stone and then use a lint roller to remove.
- Hang clothes efficiently. If you find the job of hanging up clothes tedious, then follow this neat tip for hanging up multiple items at once. Job done!
- Clean out your wardrobe properly once a month. Wardrobes and closets attract lots of dust so it’s worth clearing out all of the clothes and giving it a good going-over with polish and a duster regularly.
- You should also organize your closet according to the seasons – save time and space by storing all your winter clothing away when it’s summer time and vice versa.
- Clear out everything that doesn’t fit, or needs repaired too. We ladies like to hang on to our size 4s optimistically hoping we’ll slim back into them, but be honest yourself and get rid to save space. The same goes for anything that’s too big or needs repaired – either repair it, or chuck.
- Organize your clothing by color. This saves time as you now have matching items next to each other.
- And finally, keep special outfits in covers. Special outfits don’t tend to get worn as often so keeping them in covers will keep them clean and ready to wear, as well as easy to find when the occasion demands.
Here at Budget Maids we provide cleaning services in Reston, a maid service in Olney or cleaning services in Columbia and surrounds, and more. Why not give us a call today and let us help you ensure that your closet is neat and tidy all year round?
House Cleaning Columbia,
Cleaning Service Columbia,
Maid Service Columbia,
House Cleaning Potomac,
Cleaning Service Potomac,
Maid Service Potomac,
House Cleaning Arlington,
Cleaning Service Arlington,
Maid Service Arlington,
House Cleaning Vienna,
Cleaning Service Vienna,
Maid Service Vienna,
House Cleaning Olney,
Cleaning Service Olney,
Maid Service Olney,
House Cleaning Oakton,
Cleaning Service Oakton,
House Cleaning Reston,
Cleaning Service Reston,
Maid Service Reston,
House Cleaning Falls Church,
Cleaning Service Falls Church,
Maid Service Rockville,
House Cleaning Rockville,
Cleaning Service Rockville,