Your kitchen is likely to be one of the most frequented rooms in your home – from working, to socializing to dining – everything gets done in the kitchen so it’s important to keep it clean.
Here we share our top tips for kitchen cleaning with you…
- Kitchen cleaning should end with what is likely to be the dirtiest part of the kitchen – your stove, to stop you spreading dirt and grease around the rest of your kitchen. Begin though, by soaking pans and racks in hot soapy water to make them easier to clean when you have finished.
- Kitchen sinks can have more bacteria in them than your toilet seat! You can create your own disinfectant for the sink by cleaning with soap and water first, then applying a spray of vinegar, followed by a spray of hydrogen peroxide and leaving it to air dry. For safety, don’t mix the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide together.
- A few drops of mineral oil on a soft cloth can be used to keep stainless steel sinks shiny and help prevent water build-up and mold.
- To get rid of smells in the disposal unit, drop in a cut-up lemon, some salt and some ice cubes.
- Do service washes for dish-washers and washing machines. You should do a service wash on both on a regular basis to keep the machines clean and efficient. For washing machines, this involves running an empty cycle on the highest setting, and for dishwashers you should run an empty cycle with a specialist cleaning product.
- If you use a sponge for cleaning, these should be disinfected every evening as they can quickly develop a build-up of bacteria. Rinse and squeeze it out, and then place in the microwave for a minute to disinfect it.
- Microfiber towels provide a more cost-effective cleaning solution than paper towels. Machine wash and then hang out to dry.
- To make life easier in general, clean up as you go. Fill your sink full of hot, soapy water when preparing dinner and fill with the cooking utensils, pans and your plates as you go.
Here at Budget Maids we provide cleaning services in Oakton, a maid service in Arlington or cleaning services in Columbia and surrounds, and more. Why not give us a call today and let us help you ensure that your kitchen is sparkling clean?
Picture thanks to Horia Varlan.