Ever find yourself wondering at the speed at which the laundry pile seems to grow? No matter whether you check in regularly on a Monday, Thursday or at Saturday that fabric pile seems to multiply almost overnight. Here are a few Budget Maids tips though that might just help you cut it down to size:
- Best days for doing laundry. Ever wondered when you should be doing your laundry? Er, we hate to tell you this but really; every day should be a laundry day. Yep, scary as it sounds, try to schedule a little bit of laundry time every morning or afternoon – even if it’s as little as half an hour. Do a little every day and you’ll prevent that out of control mass at the end of the week.
- Separating system. Unfortunately, none of us can get away from having to separating our dark and light clothing. So it makes sense to have a proper dividing system right from the start. Have separate laundry baskets in different rooms in your home, such as the children’s’ room, bathroom and laundry closet. That way, when it’s time to do the laundry, you simply collect the already-sorted batches. Simple!
- Tackle laundry heaps according to available time. If your time is limited start tackling small laundry loads instead of big heavy loads such as linen and towels etc. By getting smaller bundles sorted quickly you’ll have more time later to tackle the tougher batches.
- Save time on ironing. Never delay hanging out your laundry if you can help it. That’s because the sooner you get the laundry onto the drying rack, the less time you’ll spend ironing it. Let your wet laundry idle in the washing machine and you’ll end up slaving away with the iron later that day or week.
- Ask family members to help. Don’t feel guilty about getting the rest of the family to help with the washing. Draw up a simple schedule which includes loading the machine, hanging the washing, ironing and sorting it. Get the laundry done fast, and you might even get to spend more time with the family.
Don’t let your laundry get out of hand – not when there’s simple ways, like those above, that can prevent it from doing so. If you find yourself in a never ending laundry struggle, call on for a helping hand at Budget Maids – we’re right here whether you need a maid service in Vienna, house cleaning in Reston or a cleaning service in Falls Church and the rest of VA and Maryland.
image via Mumpreneur.com