Having a busy lifestyle fulfills a lot of our needs – socialization, achievement and self-satisfaction. Only trouble is, it’s our homes that suffer. But we can’t do everything, of course – much as we hanker after a clean and tidy home to retire to at the end of a busy day it often simply isn’t possible. But never fear, that’s where a service like Budget Maids comes in.
Having said that there are a few foolproof cleaning tips you can always carry out yourself to make sure you stay on top on things; regardless of that crammed schedule of yours. These include:
· Quick tidy ups. Sometimes just putting away stuff where it belongs, such as dirty laundry, freshly-ironed clothes, toys and even cups in the dishwasher, can make a difference at the end of a busy day.
· Staying one step ahead. Don’t wait until the rooms are cluttered beyond belief and the dust piling up to the extent it’s getting embarrassing. Try and create a set routine for yourself – even if that means taking 10 minutes out every alternate day to keep ahead of the chaos. A good tip is to buy cleaning solutions and cloths before you’re about to run out.
· Tackle the high traffic areas first. The spare room is always neat and tidy, right? That’s because it’s hardly used. Obviously enough, high traffic areas – such as the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom – should always be your number one priority.
· Ban piles! Newspapers, magazines, clothing, groceries and trash –they do have a tendency to mount up without your even noticing. And what does it create? A mess! Banish them whenever you spot they’re even hinting at getting out of control.
· Stay calm about the corners. Dirt will always congregate in corners. But what, do you think you’re Superwoman? You’ve enough on your plate right now with keeping down a job and looking after the family. Leave the less visible areas for seasonal cleaning.
The above tips aren’t time intensive. In fact, with a little bit of planning, organizing and adherence to routine, they’re perfectly manageable. If, on the other hand, they seem a bit beyond you time-wise right now, then by all means please do get in touch with us here at Budget Maids and we’ll be more than happy to lend a hand. We operate a professional maids service in Potomac, house cleaning in Arlington and cleaning service in Oakton – as well as other areas of VA and Maryland.
Image via news.com.au