We wouldn’t exactly describe bathroom cleaning as one of the highlights of our weekend but, let’s face it, it’s something that has to be done and the quicker the better.
In order to get it over with quickly – and not in a rushed way – there’s some tips from the very experienced team here at Budget Maids:
5 Bathroom cleaning tips
- Keep it simple. Don’t bother investing in different types of cleaners for the toilet bowl, sink and bath – just get the one all-purpose disinfectant for all porcelain items. Mirrors need a special cleaner (or just a vinegar solution and wallpaper if you want to clean them the eco way).
- Don’t forget the small stuff. What are we talking about here? It’s the soap dish (if you still have one), the toothbrush holder and that little glass shelf just abover the sink. Do these quickly on a weekly basis and they’ll never get to that yeuchy state we all know too well. Actually a great tip or the soap dish is to dab a little olive oil on it to prevent the soap from sticking!
- Use the fan. There’s a reason you have a ventilator fan – to prevent mold from building up in your shower. And if you don’t switch it on often enough then that’s exactly what’s going to happen. Mildew and mold doesn’ just look awful and is bad for your health when inhaled – it’s also a pain to clean. So avoid it by not even going there in the first place.
- Totally clean the toilet. That means not just inside the bowl by putting bleach down, but also under the lid, the rim, the push button or handle and even the toilet brush too. Do make sure the brush is completely dry though beore sticking it back in the holder so at to prevent a build up of bacteria.
- Add a little fragrance. It’s not strictly a cleaning tip but adding a sheet of febreeze in the laundry basket or dabbing some essential oil onto the light bulb/s in your bathroom can give the room a lovely aroma and provide a little pick me up for anyone who happens to go in there.
Here at Budget Maids we have a whole book full of cleaning tips. But if you don’t have time to read them then let us come and do the cleaning for you. We provide house cleaning in Potomac, maid services in Vienna and home cleaning services in Arlington and other parts of VA and Maryland. Why not give us a call today?