Having a house cleaner or maid service is a dream come true for many people. Unfortunately for some, hiring a good house cleaning service becomes a nightmare. Use this valuable information to avoid the pitfalls and find a quality house cleaning service that will keep your home sparkling clean and give you peace of mind.
Step 1: Establish the frequency of cleaning you need:
• Regular weekly, bi-weekly, tri-weekly, or monthly.
• Move In/Move Out.
• One Time.
Step 2: Determine which type of house cleaner to hire
Hiring an individual house cleaner where the home owner becomes a casual employer under IRS guidelines:
• Be sure to complete w-2, w-3, I-9 forms, and make time to file employment taxes. You are responsible for hiring and firing housekeepers. Check with your insurance agent to ensure you have proper homeowners insurance in the event there is breakage or theft.
• As an employer, you are responsible for making sure the employee’s Social Security and Medicare matching payroll deductions are met. You would need to provide workman’s compensation insurance in the event your employee cannot work due to injury.
• You are responsible for providing all cleaning supplies and equipment which should be environmentally safe to use by your employee.
Hiring a Professional Housecleaning Service:
• Hiring a professional housecleaning service with employees is the easiest and most relaxing way to get your home cleaned.
• They hire, train, insure and exchange employees as needed.
• The house cleaners are employees of the company you hire, they take care of all the government paperwork and taxes.
• Most provide cleaning instructions for your home to the house cleaners ensuring they understand exactly what you want done.
• Approved cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment are provided.
• They have multiple employees staffed to ensure your regularly scheduled cleaning still takes place if your regular house cleaner is out sick or on vacation, and can accommodate schedule changes for a special occasion.
Step 3: Some relevant questions to ask your house cleaning service:
• Does the company perform a State & Federal criminal background check on each worker?
• What happens when something is broken or damaged while cleaning a home?
• What cleaning supplies and vacuums will be used?.
• What is the procedure if I am not happy with my cleaning?
• Do you send the same team back on each visit?
• What happens if my assigned house cleaner(s) is sick or on vacation?
• What actions does the company take to ensure the cleanings are consistently good quality?
• How often are customer cleanings rescheduled due to lack of employees, broken vacuums, car problems, etc.?
• Do you have a physical office I can visit?
Once you have answered these questions and followed all the steps, you’re ready to hire a home cleaning service!
Give Budget-Maids a call, and let us take care of all your house cleaning needs.