Want a work-out that does two things at once? House cleaning Oakton experts advise you to carry out a thorough clean of your home and burn calories at the same time…
Bear with us – we know the suggestion of housework might not seem as effective as that Insanity DVD you have seen advertised on QVC, or pulling on your sneakers and going for a long run in the hills.
But as house cleaning Oakton experts, we know that cleaning is actually quite taxing. If you really put your back into it, you can burn some serious calories.
And it certainly isn’t as expensive as a gym membership!
For the best calorie burners, look for the kind of housework that uses a lot of your body. Cleaning windows is one example, or washing walls. Polishing and cleaning leather sofas is another good way of working up a sweat, and you can also add extra movement to your day by being inefficient. Instead of taking a whole lot of clean washing upstairs in one go, why not take up the items one by one running up and down the stairs each time?
Gardening and yard cleaning are other good ways to work out. Gardening often involves a lot of getting up and down, while yard sweeping and moving heavy objects all contribute to workload.
House Cleaning Oakton – the Calorie Burn
Anyway, here’s an idea of some of the calories you can burn* doing common household chores:
- Carrying shopping bags for 30 minutes burns about 190 calories. So leave the car at home where you can and carry that shopping back to the house.
- Making beds burns 130 calories in half-an-hour – more if you are changing beds. Your kids probably won’t mind at all if you tell them not to make their beds in the morning so
- Cleaning windows burns about 125 calories in 30 minutes. Make yourself very popular in your neighborhood by offering to clean all the windows.
- Vacuuming the house can burn about 90 calories in half an hour, so maximize this by vacuuming your whole home from top to bottom.
- Dusting can burn up to 173 calories per hour. Make it a once-a-week chore and dust every room in the house to make the most of this work-out.
- Chopping wood is the mother of all outdoor exercises – it’ll get your heart pumping and your arms, shoulders and core muscles will certainly feel the benefits. Wood chopping is thought to use up to 415 calories per hour so stack up a whole lot of wood to chop.
Here at Budget Maids we provide house cleaning Oakton, a maid service in Arlington or cleaning services in Potomac and surrounds, and more. If you’re fit enough, why not give us a call today and we’ll do all the hard work of housework?!
* Calories burned will depend on your age, gender and size – the bigger and heavier you are, the more calories you will burn.