It can be hard getting ready without feeling like you’re already under too much pressure. Read our Maid Service Falls Church tips for Christmas cleaning prep made easy…
A clean and tidy front door hung with a wreath makes a great first impression. If you have a pathway up to your door, another nice idea is washed out jars with lit tealights in them.
Many people use the front porch area to store boots, bicycles, umbrellas and more. Make sure everything is cleaned away before guests come.
Setting the Mood
Soft lighting is nice at this time of the year. Look for bulbs that give off a softer glow. Scented candles – particularly the Christmas themed ones – created an ambient atmosphere. Look for cinnamon-scented ones. Silver-sprayed pine cones scattered about add a nice feel.
Why not pick a theme for your décor this year? If you want to be Christmas kitsch, go over the top. Not feeling the Christmas love so much? Opt for a minimalist look with whites and silver. Want an opulent feel? Purple, reds and gold add a luxurious touch.
…is often the heart of the party. Prepare ahead by cleaning it well. Wipe down all surfaces, clean the fridge and cooker, and empty the trash. You might need to plan ahead for the fridge. In the lead-up to the party and guests, empty it out so you have room for party food and drinks
Make Life Easier – Maid Service Falls Church Tips
- Opt for paper plates that can be recycled and/or plastic beakers for drinks
- Fill a bath with ice and cold water, and store drinks there
- Only serve dishes that can be either frozen or prepared ahead. Cold canapes, big stews and casseroles, iced desserts are all examples
- Ask your guests to bring food – canapes, first courses and puddings, for example
- Stock up on toilet roll. Lots of guests will get through plenty of it
- Employ Maid Service Falls Church to make sure your house is clean and tidy before guests arrive.
Here at Budget Maids we provide cleaning services in Arlington, a maid service Falls Church or cleaning services in Columbia and surrounds, and more. Why not give us a call today and let us help you ensure that your home is perfectly prepped for any guests or parties you have planned for Christmas?