Having a Maid Service in VA means you don’t have to worry about weekly cleaning routines. At Budget Maids we’ll take care of that side of things. But of course, in between our visits there’ll be some regular tidying up to do.
And that’s why parents should take a look at this study from the University of Minnesota which showed that getting your kids involved in cleaning and tidying from a young age can actually improve their life chances. The study is a decade old but we’ve no reason to believe things are any different nowadays.
Cleaning from a young age encourages good character traits
What the researchers found was that getting kids to put away their toys and take out the trash from as young as four, taught them responsibility, empathy and self-reliance – all of which are necessary adult skills.
So how should you introduce your little darlings to some full-on cleaning action? Well, follow these tips and you won’t go too far wrong:
· Relax. Let them do it their way, provided they get there in the end. And if it’s not 100 per cent perfect well, does it really matter? The point is they’ve attempted and completed their task.
· Praise. Even mid-task. Everyone likes to be appreciated and rewarded.
· Start today. Adults learn better by doing (we certainly do here at Budget Maids so let them just jump in and get started).
· Chart it. Make a chart outlining their chores for the week which they can tick off once completed. That’ll give them a sense of satisfaction.
· Be specific. Kids need to be told what tidying a particular room means ie dirty clothes in wash basket, books lined up etc.
Parenting experts also advise not giving kids pocket money for doing chores – mainly because younger ones won’t be motivated by this and also because it takes away from the fact that cleaning up is just part and parcel of family life.
What sort of your chores do you get your little ones doing? And how did you manage it?
Meanwhile, for regular expert house cleaning in Potomac, a maid service Vienna or a cleaning service in Columbia then don’t hesitate to get in touch here at Budget Maids.
image via phughens.blogspot.co.uk