People are always asking us: “Maid Service Reston—what are the top tips you can share to make our lives easier?”
We’ve been cleaning people’s homes for a long time, so you better believe we know all the best cleaning hacks. From using natural products to cleaning in a certain way. Here are our favourite tips for a sparkling clean home…
- Lemon juice or cider vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle is a great cleaner for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Toothbrushes make good grout cleaners. Just don’t put them in your mouth afterwards…
- Baby wipes are great for cleaning leather sofas—though check the manufacturers’ recommendations first.
- Hairdryers will get rid of water marks from wooden furniture. Afterwards, wipe the area with a little olive oil.
- Blast the kitchen or washing sponge in the microwave for a minute at the end of every day to keep it clean and bacteria-free. We always do this at Maid Service Reston.
- Cut a lemon in half and microwave it for a minute to help remove dirt and smells from your oven.
- Clean from top to bottom whenever you are tidying up. It makes sense, right? Dust and dirt are going to fall from above so don’t give yourself twice the work.
- Wet rubber gloves are perfect for removing pet hair from clothes.
- Sprinkle your rugs and carpets with a small amount of baking soda. Leave it for fifteen minutes and then vacuum your floors. Voila! Fresh and clean smelling.
- A little cleaning up every day is more manageable than a lot of cleaning up one a week.
- Put the no-shoes rule in place. Our shoes bring in lots of dirt and bacteria so removing them at the front door or porch stops this. Besides, it’s good for your feet to go shoe-less as much as possible.
- A small amount of shaving foam spread onto the mirror in your bathroom will stop it steaming up.
- Always line your grill pan with aluminium. You won’t need to clean it as often.
- Run your dishwasher on its highest temperature with a cup of vinegar sitting on the stop shelf.
- Use crumpled-up sheets of newspapers to deodorize shoes and sneakers. Stuff them in and leave overnight.
Here at Budget Maids we provide cleaning services in Arlington, a maid service Reston or cleaning services in Columbia and surrounds, and more. Why not give us a call today and let us help you ensure that all of the cleaning hacks we have are applied to your home?